We hope you are looking forward to your child’s next milestone; starting Junior Infants in Powerstown Educate Together National School on 30th of August 2017.
In preparation for your child commencing school with us, we have created this web page, with excellent links and supports for you, as parents, to prepare your child for Junior Infants. We also envisage that this page will give you an insight into the school policies and programmes that we use in Powerstown ETNS.
Junior Infant Induction Timetable 2017: Please click here
School calendar 2017/2018: Please click here
School Code of Behaviour: Please click here
Junior Infant Enrolment Meeting PowerPoint: Please click here
Classes and Teachers for for August 2017:
- Chestnut Class teacher is Anita – email@example.com
- Ash Class teacher is Annmarie – firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates for your diary:
Wednesday 30th August 2017 @ 9am – school commences
Our Junior Infant Induction Programme contains the following:
- Child’s Interests Survey
- Welcome Booklet
- Preparing your child for school
- Handwriting font used in the school
- Pencil Control
- Pre writing Skills
- Number Formation Rhymes
- 56 Nursery Rhymes with posters
- Nursery Rhymes Mini Books
- Healthy Lunches Ideas
- Healthy Lunches Sandwich Filler Ideas
- Intercultural Questionnaire
- Jolly Phonics Parents Guide (English) –
- Jolly Grammar Guide for Parents
- You Can Do it – Positivity Programme
We will continue to add helpful information to this page, so if you have any suggestions of what we should add, please let us know
Further information is available on the school website.
It is important that you read the school policies and familiarise yourself with our Code of Behaviour, Enrolment Policy, Child Protection Policy and Anti Bullying Policy.
By enrolling your child in the school, you agree to support all our school policies.
We look forward to getting to know you and your child over the coming months and years.
Helena Trench (Principal) and Cróna Glynn (Deputy Principal)