We hope you are looking forward to your child’s next milestone; starting Junior Infants in Powerstown Educate Together National School for the 2019/2020 school year.
In preparation for your child commencing school with us, we have created this web page, with excellent links and supports for you, as parents, to prepare your child for Junior Infants. We also envisage that this page will give you an insight into the school policies and programmes that we use in Powerstown ETNS.
Parent & Pupil Meeting Wednesday, 23rd January 2019
- Presentation click here
Junior Infant Induction Meeting June 2019
- 2018/2019 School Calendar
- Junior Infant Induction Timetable
- Permission to collect child here
- Letter about school app Aladdin here
- How to download app here
- How to use app here
School Code of Behaviour: Please click here
Junior Infant Enrolment Meeting PowerPoint: Please click here
School Policies: Please click here
What is an Educate Together School: Please click here
Dates for your diary:
June – Incoming Junior Infants Induction Meeting: Date TBC
Our Junior Infant Induction Programme contains the following:
- Child’s Interests Survey
- Welcome Booklet
- Preparing your child for school
- Handwriting font used in the school
- Pencil Control
- Pre writing Skills
- Number Formation Rhymes
- 56 Nursery Rhymes with posters
- Nursery Rhymes Mini Books
- Healthy Lunches Ideas
- Healthy Lunches Sandwich Filler Ideas
- Intercultural Questionnaire
- Jolly Phonics Parents Guide (English) –
- Jolly Grammar Guide for Parents
- You Can Do it – Positivity Programme
We will continue to add helpful information to this page, so if you have any suggestions of what we should add, please let us know
Further information is available on the school website and class blogs.
It is important that you read the school policies and familiarise yourself with our Code of Behaviour, Enrolment Policy, Child Protection Policy and Anti Bullying Policy.
By enrolling your child in the school, you agree to support all our school policies.
We look forward to getting to know you and your child over the coming months and years.
Helena Trench (Principal) and Cróna Glynn (Deputy Principal)