Welcome to PETNS
We hope you are looking forward to your child’s next milestone; starting Junior Infants in Powerstown Educate Together National School for the 2022/2023 school year.
In preparation for your child commencing school with us, we have created this web page, with excellent links and supports for you, as parents, to prepare your child for Junior Infants. We also envisage that this page will give you an insight into the school policies and programmes that we use in Powerstown ETNS.
All communication from school will be through our Aladdin app
- Letter about school app Aladdin here
- How to download app here
- How to use app here
- Codes for the Aladdin App will be issued before the 31st August 2022
School Code of Behaviour: Please click here
School Policies: Please click here
What is an Educate Together School: Please click here
Our Junior Infant Induction Programme contains the following:
- Child’s Interests Survey
- Welcome Booklet
- Preparing your child for school
- Pencil Control
- Pre writing Skills
- Starting School Reading List
- Number Formation Rhymes
- 56 Nursery Rhymes with posters
- Nursery Rhymes Mini Books
- Healthy Lunches Ideas
- Healthy Lunches Sandwich Filler Ideas
- Jolly Phonics Parents Guide (English) – Click here for *Russian *Chinese *Ukranian *Japanese *Spanish
- Jolly Grammar Guide for Parents
- You Can Do it – Positivity Programme
We will continue to add helpful information to this page, so if you have any suggestions of what we should add, please let us know.
We run two different programmes with Junior Infant classes: The Nuture Programme and Happy Talks
For more information on both please click here.
Further information is available on the school website and class blogs. It is important that you read the school policies and familiarise yourself with our Code of Behaviour, Enrolment Policy, Child Protection Policy and Anti Bullying Policy. By enrolling your child in the school, you agree to support all our school policies.
We look forward to getting to know you and your child over the coming months and years.