We are two weeks into our swimming lessons and so far we are having lots of fun in the National Aquatic Centre. We have received lots of feedback from parents, our staff and the teachers in the swimming pool. Here are a few updates to help us to continue to get the most out of our swimming experience:
- We have no alternative supervision available for pupils who are not going swimming (e.g. not feeling well, for got swim gear) as all of our classes go to the pool on the same day. If your child is not well enough to go swimming parents will have to supervise them during this time.
- The swim teachers in the pool are highly qualified and experienced. They have asked that school staff and parents do not come to the side of the pool or shout comments to them from the viewing gallery. This distracts them from their teaching.
- Photos and videos are not allowed AT ALL in the swimming pool, including from the viewing gallery.
- The swimming pool has provided us with the Village 1 changing room for our school. This consists of 4 rows of cubicles. Other individuals who are not linked with our school should not be using our rows of cubicles while we are there. If you see members of other school groups or members of the public in our changing area during our swim time, please notify pool staff.
- The school really appreciates having parent volunteers to help in the changing rooms. In order for everything to run smoothly, school staff and parents need to work together as a team. As these swim lessons are a school-based activity, all staff and parents need to follow school policy at all times.
If anyone has any questions or feedback about the swimming lessons, please make an appointment to speak with Cróna.