We are all very excited to start swimming on Wednesday, 27th February! Please make sure you have returned the permission slip and the money for your child’s swimming lessons.
Swimming will take place on the following dates:
- 27th February
- 6th March
- 13th March
- 20th March
- 3rd April
- 10th April
Please note there will be no swimming lesson on Wednesday 27th March
Here is some information to help you and your child to prepare for his or her lesson next week:
What to pack:
- Swimming costume
- Swimming hat
- Flip-flops / swimming socks
- Arm bands
- Goggles (optional)
- Bag for wet clothes
- Children should wear their swimming costumes under their clothes to school. It saves time on arrival at the pool!
- Please put your child’s name on all of his or her belongings with permanent marker
- If possible, please blow up arm bands in advance
- Please do not pack shampoo, conditioner or body lotions
Parents at the pool:
If you decide to attend the pool during your child’s swimming lesson, please remember the following important pieces of information:
- In order to attend the pool for swimming lessons, you must receive confirmation of your Garda Vetting from the school in advance of the
lessons. If you wish to be Garda Vetted by the school, please speak to Ann in the office
- You must drive to the pool in your own car as there will not be space on the bus
- You may help only your own child to get dressed in the changing room
- You may sit and observe the lesson at the side of the pool, but adults are not permitted to walk along the sides of the pool during lessons
- Please do not take pictures in the changing rooms or in the pool
If anyone has any questions please ask in the office. We hope everyone has lots of fun!
For a copy of the letter that was sent home please click here.