April is National Autism Awareness Month. There will be lots of fun activities going on in the school for the kids, including:
- Visit from Autism Assistance Dog
- Wear blue on Friday 5th April
- Children’s sensory awareness workshops with the School Age Team
- Visit and talk from a child who has Autism
- Peer-paired play and structured games
- Stories and games in classes
There will also be activities for parents and staff too! Beechpark Services (HSE) will be running an information workshop for parents and staff next Wednesday 3rd April at 2.20pm.
The focus of this workshop will be:
- Functions of behaviour – Why are our children engaging in particular behaviours? What are they trying to tell us?
- Promoting independence with everyday activities – How can we help our children to become more independence with daily life skills?
Please let me know if you would like to attend this workshop by responding through the following link: https://forms.gle/3sz6tcu8qw2VGSrw8
I hope to see some of you there.