We are currently reviewing our healthy eating policy. The aim of this policy is to help us to develop an environment that is conducive to promoting healthy eating choices in our school. This forms part of our Wellbeing Promotion Process.
We do not want our policy to be a list of ‘do’s’ and ‘don’t’s’ about food. The following are some of the elements that will be considered in the policy:
- What learning takes place about healthy eating in class
- Having a suitable environment to eat lunch at school
- Providing healthy lunches/snacks, encouraging children to have a healthy breakfast
- The use of non-food treats as rewards in class and school
- Food provided at school for celebrations, sports days and other events
We would welcome parents and carers viewpoints on healthy eating and health promotion at school. We invite you to fill in the questionnaire linked here. Your response will be anonymous and confidential.
When we have drafted our updated healthy eating policy we will share it with you and we will welcome further feedback.
Thank you for your ongoing support.
No responses yet