Note: The theme and class topics of this month comes from the Nine Grounds of Equality. Click here for more information on the Nine Grounds. Each class level has been allocated one or two of the grounds to focus on as per the list below.
Junior Infants: Age
Senior Infants: Race/Ethnicity
1 st Class: Disability
2 nd Class: Gender
3 rd Class: Membership of Travelling Community
4 th Class: Religion
5 th Class: Civil Status and Family Status
6 th Class: Sexual Orientation
Strand: Strand Unit
Equality and Justice: Promoting Equality; Activating equality through positive action
Moral and Spiritual: Exploring Moral Development
|November||Friday 2nd||Mid-Term Break||n/a||n/a|
|Friday 9th*||Equality and Justice
Moral and Spiritual
* Whole School Assembly
Religious calendar events
Diwali (Sikhism) 9th November 2018
Diwali (Hinduism) 9th November 2018
Guru Nanak Gurpurab (Sikhism) 23rd November 2018
Mid-Term – 29th October – 2nd November
- School returns on Monday 5th November
RSE Month – All November
- See website/school app for further information
Outdoor Classroom Day – Thursday 8th November
Science Week – Monday 12th – Friday 16th
- Parents will be invited in for Science for Fun Activities
Recycled Week – Monday 12th – Friday 16th
Bag2School Collection – Friday 23rd November
-One Day Together
- Educate Together One Day fundraiser – Student Council will be in touch!
Universal Children’s Day – Monday 20th
- This should just be marked within class L.T. lessons
- Teachers may treat class to something fun: like a mini-disco, yard games, etc – at your own discretion!!
Movie Night – Thursday 22nd
- Student Council will democratically select a movie in advance (Student Council will be in touch re this!) to be shown on the night. Movies are U rated and 90mins long!
- Movies are shown in the hall
- Student Council members from each class will return to classes after meeting where movies were confirmed and they will announce the Movie Night to classmates
- Volunteers will sell the tickets (single €5 and family €10) outside school before and after school assisted by the Student Council. Purchase of tickets also available online!
- Children are welcome to bring along family and friends who do not attend P.E.T.N.S.
- There will be a small tuck shop, but children are welcome to bring along their own snacks.
- A minimum of 4 staff volunteers to work at this event
Parent-Teacher Meetings Monday 26th – Wednesday 28th
- Individual parent-teacher meetings for each pupil.
Educate Together General Members Meeting
- Saturday 10th November in Powerstown ETNS from 10am – 1pm.