Swimming lessons in Term 3 for classes Ash, Chestnut, Holly, Rowan, Redwood Beech & Alder will start on Monday 9th April. Please make sure you have returned the permission slip and the money for your child’s swimming lessons.
Here is some information to help you and your child to prepare for his or her lesson next week:
What to pack:
- Swimming costume
- Swimming hat
- Flip-flops / swimming socks
- Arm bands
- Goggles (optional)
- Bag for wet clothes
- Children should wear their swimming costumes under their clothes to school. It saves time on arrival at the pool!
- Please put your child’s name on all of his or her belongings with permanent marker
- If possible, please blow up arm bands in advance
- Please do not pack shampoo, conditioner or body lotions
Parents at the pool:
If you decide to attend the pool during your child’s swimming lesson, please remember the following important pieces of information:
- All parents who wish to attend the swimming lessons, must be Garda vetted. If you have applied for Garda vetting through the school and have not received confirmation of Garda vetting approval being received, please follow up your application with Educate Together office on 01 4292500.
- You must drive to the pool in your own car as there will not be space on the bus
- You may help only your own child to get dressed in the changing room
- You may sit and observe the lesson at the side of the pool, but adults are not permitted to walk along the sides of the pool during lessons
- No phones are permitted
- If anyone has any questions please ask in the office. We hope everyone has lots of fun!