PTA had a meeting this week and we are expecting a very busy time before the end of the term. Please see below our upcoming events.
1) Let’s start with an amazing initiative – Virtual Pet Show – where we hope a lot of our children will participate and show off their artistic vein. This event will run from the 7th-17th of December. You can find all the details below.
2) Don’t forget that Bag2School is back on Friday the 11th of December!
By collecting and bringing in good quality unwanted clothes you can help raise much needed funds for both the Laura Lynn Foundation and our school. Please make sure you only bring your bags back in the morning of the 11th of December as school cannot keep the bags due to Covid-19 restrictions.
For full details please click on the following link:
3) After the year we had some parents felt that it would be a great idea to give something back to the community and help those who are in need. One of the parents recommended us a community group based in Dublin 15 who are helping the homeless. Very little is needed from us but it could make a huge difference for the vulnerable.
Care for the Rough Sleepers is collecting crisp packets. It would be greatly appreciated if you could cut down the bag on one side and across the bottom to make it landscape. Washed would be great – just a rinse in warm soapy water. The bigger bags are great too, as are the foil packaging from multi packs of chocolate bars, anything around that thickness. If in doubt, put it in. No pet food pouches as they are too thick.
On Friday the 18th of December a box will be there in front of the school building during morning drop off time clearly marked where you (or your child) can leave the tin foil packets. Box will be collected by PTA at 9am.
4) Thank you so much for those who completed the recent PTA survey and gave us their feedback.
* Majority of the parents who responded to our survey voted yes for the winter photo shoot. This would have been done as part of the Winter Fair but as the event cannot go ahead because of the Covid-19 restrictions PTA had to come up with a different solution. Event is currently being organized and details will follow shortly.
Please note that personal and class photographs done by professional photographer will be looked at in term 2 or 3 depending on Covid-19 guidelines.
* A lot of parents were interested in getting more details about the school lunch option so PTA got in touch with the company again in order to be able to answer all your questions. Details will be published in next week’s newsletter.
* PTA’s traffic management sub-committee will be analysing the results of the traffic management part of the survey. We are sure that your feedback and ideas will be a great help for the team. Thanks again for your involvement!
Hope you all have a very nice weekend.