Every child in the school is invited to participate in our Science Fair. This is a home-school project that is completed in partnership between parents/guardians and pupils.
Projects are completed at home.
Projects are brought to the school on Wednesday 29th of April.
Our Science Fair on Friday May 1st 2020
Children can complete projects individually, with siblings and/or with their friends. You and your child decide!
It should be a fun learning opportunity for you and your child to work together over the next five weeks on an educational project. It should also encourage your child to develop a good understanding and knowledge of “the scientific method”.
If you and your child want to participate in our Science Fair please return contract to the school by the 29/3/2020. Click here for e-contract.
We have created a Science Fair guide. This is attached below (or click here). It may be helpful during the next several weeks.
- As a parent, your job is only to assist. This is an opportunity for your child to think and act like a scientist, and to create and discover his or her very own science project!
- Please allow your child plenty of time to make mistakes. He/she might even need to start the experiment again. Remember, real scientists constantly redo their studies by starting over again.
- Please make sure that your child understands everything that he/she writes and can explain the project to others.
- For safety reasons, please be available to assist your child with research and any portions of the experiment that may pose a safety risk.
- Please make time to visit the public library and use the Internet to assist your child with project research.
- It is recommended that you purchase the display board as soon as possible. Most craft stores, office supply stores, and superstores carry display boards for science fair projects.
- Remember, this is a multipart project. Your child must complete the science journal, research paper, display board, and presentation in order to receive full credit.
Thank you for your continued support!
PETNS Science Committee
Please note that letters and contracts have been emailed to parents, is shared on school website, social media and class blogs.
Science Fair Information Booklet has also been emailed to parents. If you do not have access to the internet and want a hardcopy of the information booklet, please let your child’s class teacher know!