Applications for a place in the class for pupils with ASD opens on Monday September 19th. Application deadline extended to 28th October 2016.
PRE-ENROLMENT APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTED WITH RELEVANT REPORTS AND PAPERWORK. THERE IS NO ONLINE ENROLMENT.
This is a phased opening of the class, with 3 children starting in Term 1 and a further 3 children starting in Term 2/ Term 3 (dependent on accommodation arrangements).
Summary of pre-enrolment process: (For further information please read Enrolment Policy for ASD Class here)
- a diagnosis from a psychiatrist, psychologist, or a member of a Multi-Disciplinary team that has assessed and classified the child as having autism or autistic spectrum disorder according to DSM-V or ICD 10 criteria and a recommendation for a placement in a special class within a mainstream school.
- Parents must complete a pre-enrolment form (Click here to download)
- Original birth certificate (with photocopy)
- Two proof of address from a) ESB bill b) Gas bill c) Landline Telephone bill d) UPC/Sky bill
- A copy of ALL relevant reports/assessments
- Please send the completed application form to: ASD Class Application, The Secretary, Powerstown Educate Together National School, Powerstown Road, Tyrrelstown, D15, D15VR80