Powerstown Educate Together National School have partnered with Dominic O’ Hailmhich (Live to Laugh and Learn Drama), a Drama tutor Associate from Trinity Guildhall London to provide private profession Speech and Drama classes to pupils in the school in PETNS Speech and Drama Club. All drama lessons are geared towards instilling confidence in the children, whilst helping the children to unlock their potential within the speech and drama discipline. All children can participate in the Leinster School of Music and Drama examinations if they wish to do so.
Dominic is a very accomplished professional, who has years of experience teaching children from ages of 4 – 18 years Speech and Drama and preparing his students for the Leinster School of Music and Drama practical examinations.
The ethos of the club is to ensure that every student feels safe, confident, inspired and free to explore all facets of life and humanity through the medium of drama. Drama and role-play allows students the security of enveloping a character and through this, voicing and exploring their thoughts, beliefs, outlooks, likes and dislikes of life.
Powerstown ETNS Speech and Drama Club will:
- Provide classes on a Thursday starting 26th September. (and possibly Friday 27th if there is a demand for places) for 10 week blocks each term.
- Make classes available to pupils in ALL classes in the school.
- Limit each class to 12 participants. (Please note that 12 pupils are required for the classes to go ahead.)
- Teach lessons for 45 minutes
- Charge just €5 per session
Junior/Senior infant class will commence at on a Thursday from 1:15 – 2:00pm
1st – 5th class will commence on a Thursday from 2:15 – 3:00pm.
How does my child sign up for Speech and Drama Club?
- Pupils are to be enrolled on a first come first served basis.
- Each class is limited to 12 people. If there is demand a second class at each level can be added. (After 12 pupils for a class return the booking form, we start a waiting list. This waiting list is used if people drop out and/or is used to compile the next group of 12 pupils for the second class.
- Parents must complete booking form and return to the school with a minimum of €10 deposit on or before Tuesday 24th September.
For more information on Live Laugh Learn Drama please go to http://www.livetolaughandlearn.com/.
Please see document below for booking form.
No responses yet