Get ready to celebrate World Book Day on March 4th!Powerstown ETNS is inviting all our school community to join the celebration to change lives through the love of books and shared reading, whether children are at school or at home with their families on March 4th.
Here are just some of the ways to celebrate reading and books for World Book Day. These make brilliant home-school activities too!
- Share A Story Live – join the World Book Day website at 10.30am on the 3rd, 4th and 5th March for their exciting digital events programme, beaming our €1.50 book authors and illustrators straight into classrooms or your home.
- Book Tokens – Click on this link for your child’s free €1.50 book token for available book stores and audio books online
- Show Your Shares competition – fantastic weekly prizes to be won for your school in our competition from 22nd Feb! See our website for more details from next week.
- Author & Illustrator Academy – choose one of our video lessons, press play and let our brilliant authors & illustrators lead your class. Each one is a complete package with downloadable activities, creative challenges and extracts.
- FREE audiobooks – encourage families to enjoy one of these free audiobooks available now or listen to them together at home
- Share A Story Corner video stories – perfect for younger readers, these video stories have fun downloadable activities to go with them.
- World Book Day Book Club – Encourage your children to join our book club where they’ll share their monthly read, invite children to submit questions to the author and join in on YouTube.
Future Book events at Powerstown ETNS
We’re pleased to invite back our Book Fair and Book week on April 26th to May 11th in our school. Children will be encouraged to read, write and explore the creative and imaginative world of books. More information will be communicated with parents in mid April.