Public Health Messages:
The Public Health Schools teams would like to thank you for communicating important messages to your school community. It is important to regularly reinforce these messages for your school communities to help keep everybody safe.
Before attending school:
(1) Symptoms – Please make sure all staff and families are aware not to attend your facility if they have any symptoms of Covid-19 infection.
(2) Symptomatic household members – Please remind all staff and children that no-one should be attending school if they have any household member who has signs or symptoms of Covid-19; they should be restricting their movements until it is clear whether the household member has Covid-19 infection or not.
(3) Close contacts – Please remind all staff and children that they need to restrict their movements and undergo testing if they have been told by their doctor / HSE services that they are a close contact of a case of Covid-19; they should not be attending any school.
(4) Re-enforcing general public health messages – Please ensure all staff and children attending your facilities are reminded of the importance of keeping your facilities safe by abiding by the national public health measures currently in place at all times e.g. restricting movements and social contacts, social distancing, use of facial coverings and hand hygiene.
Within your school
(1) Mitigation measures – Please ensure all mitigation measures as recommended by Public Health in the return to school guidance are attended to and considered how best to implement within your specific school setting. These measures include physical distancing, hand hygiene, respiratory etiquette and the use of face-coverings.
(2) Break times – please continue to ensure all mitigation measures have been maximally adhered to within break times, or when arriving / leaving schools. Whilst we appreciate it is difficult to maintain at all times, it is vitally important that processes are in place to facilitate adherence to these measures whilst staff/children are taking breaks
(3) Movements –essential only movements of staff and children between or across pods / classes is critical to protect from onward spread of infection if a case of Covid-19 within the school is identified.