Powerstown Educate Together National School is a community that promotes respect in all aspects of daily school life. “To be respectful” is our first school rule.
To ensure our pupils develop respect it is important that all adults model respect.
Treating people with respect makes your our school community a nicer place to live be. And it’s easy – all you have to do is treat people the way you like to have them treat you. Here are a few ideas.
• Use kind, thoughtful words.
- Listen to others when they speak.
• Value other people’s opinions.
• Be considerate of people’s likes and dislikes.
• Be sensitive to other people’s feelings.
• If you disagree with someone, do so in a polite way e.g. I hear what you are saying, but I beg to differ….