National Parents Council Primary (NPC)
FREE Online Training events during the week of the 29th of November 2021
Supporting parents to support their children’s mental health and wellbeing
A training programme by National Parents Council in conjunction with St. Patrick’s Mental Health service.
This programme supports parents to encourage and promote positive mental health and wellbeing in their children. The programme also explores how the building of resilience in children helps them to manage and cope with the day-to-day stresses of life as they occur.
Parents who attend this session will:
- Explore the factors that influence mental health and wellbeing in their child.
- Learn how to build and nurture resilience within their own child.
- Be given tips on how best to support their child’s positive mental health and wellbeing.
Sessions will be taking place via Zoom at 10am and 7.30pm on Monday the 29th, Wednesday the 1st, and Thursday the 2nd.
If you would be interested in attending (virtually) one of these sessions please register your details here https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Registration-Mental-Health-2021
Parents’ Association Clinics
NPC are holding two Parents’ Association clinics (virtually) on the week of the 29th of November, one on Tuesday the 30th at 10am and another on Thursday the 2nd at 7.30pm.
Has your Parents’ Association just elected a new committee? Would your committee like to know how
- a Parents’ Association should operate?
- to work with the Board?
- to best represent all the parents of children in the school?
- to get more parents involved?
Maybe your Parents’ Association would just like a refresher or would like to share some of the challenges you may be experiencing.
There will be a short presentation followed by the opportunity to ask questions and to share your experience of what your Parents’ Association is doing.
Who are the clinics for?
- New Parents’ Association committees
- Working Parents’ Associations who want to explore or share ideas for new activities
- Established Parents’ Associations who may be struggling right now
Please register your details here https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PA-Clinic-November-2021
These sessions are open to all parents of children in Primary School. Please forward the details to anyone who you think may be interested.
Please note these sessions will be interactive allowing parents to participate and hence places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.