Maths Eyes Geogebra Competition
Entry for the Geogebra competition is now open – Please submit your entry to the school by 5pm November 20th 2015
Entrants explore the mathematics of real life using a photograph taken in their local area and the free mathematical software GeoGebra. Here are some samples
If you haven’t used Geogebra before check out our guidance videos available at:http://www.haveyougotmathseyes.com/geogebra-videos/
Why not check out our short video to guide you to make the best entry possible.
Guideline on saving photographs and GeoGebra files:
- You should use a camera that will produce a photograph in as high a resolution as possible (when saved it should less than 2MB in size).
- Save a copy of the photograph in its original format before any editing takes place. (This is important as if your entry is shortlisted you will be asked to forward a copy of the original photograph).
- Then import your photograph into GeoGebra and begin editing to create your GeoGebra file.
- The GeoGebra file when saved should be less than 2MB in size.
- Remember to use Geogebra to show sizes of angles, or symmetry on your picture or use sliders to make it more interactive. Check our our videos to see how!
- The maths on the left hand side ( of your picture when you use Geogebra) should reflect what you are showing on the picture.
- Remember to add a tagline
- Save your Geogebra file and submit the whole file to email@example.com
- Remember, if shortlisted you will be asked to also submit the original high resolution photograph later so make sure you keep it somewhere safe!!!
NB: It is very important that you adhere to the guidelines on saving photographs and edited posters or Geogebra files for both competitions before you enter.
Geogebra files can be submitted under one of the following categories:
Geogebra is open ato all age categories including adult and family groups.
- The competition is open to everyone.
- The maximum number of entries per individual is 3.
- Closing date for all entries on Friday 20th November 2015 to the school/
- The shortlist entries will be announced on Friday 29rd January 2016 at 5pm (The list of shortlisted entries will be available on Maths Week Ireland & HaveYouGotMathsEyes).
- All those that are shortlisted will be invited to a celebration where all entries will be exhibited and the winners in each category will be announced.
- A selection of shortlisted entries will be part of a Maths Eyes GeoGebra exhibition which will tour venues on the Island of Ireland during 2016.
Please note that by entering this competition you agree that your submission can remain on the website as a resource for others to use.
Queries and further information from firstname.lastname@example.org