The Maple Class have had a term full of activities and learning. Here are some of the highlights from the Maple Class. For more information, please go to Maple Class Blog by clicking here.
- The children really enjoyed our trip to Moyle Park College where Terry the scientist was super impressed with how the children in Powerstown behaved and all the wonderful scientific facts they already knew! Here’s a few pictures of the children experimenting with all sorts of materials! Check out a video on the school website of a crazy experiment that even surprised the teachers!
- November is RSE month (Relationships and Sexuality Education) in Powerstown Educate Together. The following are letters for parents regarding the topics that are to be covered as part of the First Class curriculum. Please read through each one and if you have any questions, contact me through Class Dojo or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Maple class love to ask questions! Here is Leo interviewing Molly about her exciting weekend news! Science Week may be over but we love experimenting and observing what happens.
- We have had a busy month in Maple class with lots of learning and excitement. Science Week was so much fun because we got the chance to experiment and learn new vocabulary and skills. A big thank you to all the parents who attended Science For Fun. The children were so excited to show off their fantastic reading and observation skills. The children experimented with different materials, researched animals,different habitats and how to make a fair test when experimenting!
- Forest Schools: We learned lots of things about the types of Native trees in Ireland and how we can identify them by looking at their leaves, fruit and bark. We also found out the type of animals, insects and invertebrates that need trees to survive. Our favourite tree was ‘Grandmother Oak’ tree who keeps an eye on our Forest School site when we are back in the classroom.
- We enjoyed celebrating World Peace Day yesterday by performing our songs to all the parents who came to celebrate with us. Thank you all for coming.