There will be lots of fun activities taking place around the school including
- Irish singing and dancing,
- games and sport,
- Irish films and cartoons
- and the broadcasting of our very own Irish school radio!
On Thursday 11th March, we will be visited by an Irish musician who will play traditional Irish music, sing traditional Irish songs and interview the children about the Irish language.
On Tuesday the 15th of March we will be celebrating all things Irish for the entire day! Make sure to keep this date free and pop in to join in the fun! Some of the activities taking place will include:
- Lá Glas – all the children and adults in the school will be invited to wear green for the day
- Irish breakfast morning – the senior students will be hosting an Irish breakfast morning from 8.30 – 9.00am where they will serve tea, coffee, scones and brown bread. All parents are welcome to pop in for tea and a chat!
- 9.00 – 10.00 am: Class performances will take place to commemorate the 1916 rising and to showcase all the great songs and poems being learned in class.
- 10.20 – 11.00: Open house! Project work will be on display in each class. Pop in to see what the classes have been learning!
We will be encouraging everybody in the school to speak as much Irish as they can throughout the week and we will have spot prizes for those making an extra special effort!
Keep an eye on Facebook, Twitter and our school website to stay updated on all the great activities taking place throughout the week! We will also post some phrases, videos and audio recordings throughout the week to help you brush up on your ‘cúpla focail’!