We are excited to welcome you and your child to Reading Eggs. This is a multi-award winning online reading programme. The highly interactive and personalised learning journey will build your child’s reading at their own pace on a fun and safe digital platform.
Your child can access Reading Eggs and Reading Eggspress on a desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile device. They also have access to a huge online library of over 2500 ebooks to enjoy whenever they want.
Please see parent guides belowReading-Egg-Parent-Letter parents_brochure_uk-fp-0f321d38
Why are we using Reading Eggs @Powerstown ETNS?
Reading Eggs incorporates a wide variety of effective, research-based, learning activities within a highly motivational framework that help to keep students on task for longer periods of time. Through an interactive Web-based program, the design of Reading Eggs uses the following instructional elements that have been shown to be highly effective components of reading programs as evidenced in the research literature:
- an early and continued focus on phonemic awareness and phonics – the alphabetic principle
- building automaticity (instant recall) of a core list of high-frequency sight words
- repetition of activities and re-reading of texts to build fluency
- a wide range of motivational elements
- a variety of instructional formats
- parental involvement
- vocabulary activities that build understanding
- comprehension strategies that ensure reading for meaning is central.
Reading and understanding real books is the goal of every Reading Eggs lesson