6th Class pupils – Transfer Documentation & Graduation 2018
As you are aware, your child will be completing their primary school education this year and will be transferring to secondary school.
Name & details of Secondary School:
It is important that every child transfers to secondary school, therefore we ask you to complete the “Transfer for Secondary School Form” attached.
As part of this process we provide an “Education Passport” to your child’s secondary school. We forward to your child’s secondary school
- 6th class school report
- Standardised testing results
- My Profile (attached for child to complete)
- My Child’s Profile (attached for parents to complete)
6th class Graduation:
6th class graduation is on Monday 25th June.
Graduating children have a special ceremony prepared for us all. It is asked that each child has at least one parent/guardian or family member present to celebrate this special occasion with them.
Parent to do list:
- Ensure you have received confirmation from secondary school that your child has a place
- Compete transfer for Secondary School Form
- Get your child to complete “My Profile”
- Complete “My child’s Profile”
- Attend Graduation Ceremony on 25th June
List of Secondary Schools in D15 area
When children complete 6th class in primary school they are required to transfer to Secondary School.
It is the duty of parents/guardians to find a suitable second level school for their child.
Please find below a list of secondary schools in the Dublin 15 area and their contact details.
Most secondary schools complete registration in September / October of the year before the child transfers to secondary school. Therefore we recommend that parents make contact with secondary schools before their child completes 5th class.