Forest School &
School Garden Committee
25th October 2018
Today the School Garden committee were busy planting daffodil bulbs for next Spring
23rd October 2018
Outdoor Classroom Day
Outdoor classroom day is celebrated on Thursday 8th of October 2018. Our FS&SG Committee with the assistance of Luke have drawn up all a summary of all the activities that can take place on our fantastic school grounds!
16th October 2018
Maths Week – Guess the Pumpkin Weight!
21st September 2018
Our Forest School and School Garden Committee had completed their first harvest today – of the fruit and vegetables in our Geodome. Committee members delivered a range of fruit and veg to all classes to give them a taste!
Election Results 2018/2019
Our Forest School & School Garden Committee for 2018/2019 has been elected.
A big congratulations to all candidates and congratulations to our new committee members.
We look forward to hearing your plans for the year for Powerstown ETNS.
|School Garden and Forest School 2018|
|Class||Rep 1||Rep 2|
|Hawthorn & Holly||Alex||Reyansh|
Aims of our Forest School and School Garden Committee
Our Forest School and School Garden Committee are democratically elected in September of each year! Committee members are supported by staff members Luke and Louise!
The aims of our committee are:
- To encourage classes to become more “green fingered”
- To lead by example; the planting and growing of seeds, fruits and vegetables on our grounds.
- To promote the use of our outdoor learning areas
- To allocate planting areas for each class
- To ensure our Geodome is an active learning area, with lots of planting and growing in progress!
- To ensure the maintenance and upkeep of our Geodome
- To protect and upkeep our flower beds; especially at the flag poles, fence and
- To ensure that our school grounds are well presented and maintained.