Junior Einstein Science Club starts Thursday 11th September. Junior & Senior Infants from 1.15pm – 2.15pm. 1st – 6th class from 2.15 – 3.15pm. Limited places available! Please download booking form and make payment for the term as soon as possible. For more information see below.
Junior Einsteins Science Club teaches children core aspects of Biology, Chemistry & Physics through experiments, practical ‘make and do’, worksheets and instruction. The pupils take home parent handouts so their learning can continue at home. The ‘Junior Einsteins’ make a variety of pieces to proudly bring home such as a model glider, slime, instruments, rainbow glasses and magic tricks! We aim to correspond to and compliment the national curriculum for science.
Some examples of our clubs are; the principals of flight , ‘Hair raising’ electricity, making slime, how movies are made, Light, Wind, Sound, optical illusions, kite –making, lava lamps, chromatography,dinosaur dig, hovercrafts, Van der Graff generators, bug hunts, to name only a few. At the moment Junior Einsteins Science Club can run for 6 consecutive school terms ( 2 years) without repeating a single topic!
Powerstown ETNS Junior Einsteins Club will:
- Provide classes on a Thursday starting 11th September.
- Make classes available to pupils in Junior & Senior Infants & 1st – 6th class in the school
- Limit each class to 18 participants.
(Please note that 8 pupils are required for the classes to go ahead.)
- Teach lessons for 60 minutes
- Charge just €8 per session
- Classes run for 12 weeks from Sept 11th – December 11th inclusive.
- Classes run for 11 weeks January 8th – March 26th inclusive
- Classes run for 10 weeks 16th April – 25th June inclusive
Junior & Senior Infants will commence on Thursday 11th September from 1.15 – 2.15pm
1st – 5th class will commence on Thursday 11th September from 2:15 – 3:15pm.
How does my child sign up for Junior Einsteins?
- Pupils must be enrolled and fees paid for the term in advance.
- Enrolment is on a first come, first served basis.
- The fees of 12 weeks x €8 = €96 must be paid in advance of 11th September or the child will not be enrolled in Science Club.
- Each class is limited to 18 people. If there is demand a second class at each level can be added. (After 18 pupils for a class return the booking form, we start a waiting list. This waiting list is used if people drop out and/or is used to compile the next group of 18 pupils for the second class.
- Parents must complete booking form and return to the school with full terms fees before Thursday 11th September.