We have two L.T. noticeboards (that should be labelled as such!). Senior Classes (Kamilah, Alder, Beech, Redwood, Rowan, Lime, Hazel & Birch) will display work upstairs. Junior (Willow, Rose, Sycamore, Oak, Ash, Chestnut, Hawthorn & Holly) will display work downstairs. For September the theme is election posters and all candidates can display one poster each on their designated noticeboard. From October on a rota will apply where each class creates a display based on the LT theme of the month.
Assembly will take place in the Hall. Each class will take turns to prepare a brief performance at assembly, based on the monthly L.T. theme. A whole school assembly will take place on the first Friday of every month at 9am (*). Remaining Fridays:
- Junior Assembly: 9.00 – 9.30am (Willow, Rose, Sycamore, Oak, Ash, Chestnut, Hawthorn and Holly)
- Senior Assembly: 9.30 – 10.00am (Kamilah, Alder, Beech, Redwood, Rowan, Lime, Hazel and Birch)
Classes will prepare a small performance for assembly when it is their turn (as per rota below) on the theme of the month – this can be something simple like a song/poem/dance/drama. This performance is a nice thing to record and upload onto class blogs too!
|September||Friday 7th||Moral and Spiritual
Equality and Justice
|Healthy Habits of Mind
|(*Whole School Assembly)|
Religious calendar events
Rosh Hashanah (Judaism) 9th – 11th September 2018
Autumn Equinox (Paganism) 22nd September 2018
Yom Kippur (Judaism) 18th – 19th September 2018
Peace Day: Friday 21st September (See performance info below)
Parent-Teacher Meeting – Wednesday 12th
Group information meeting for parents where teachers outline the year ahead; routines; homework; healthy lunches; punctuality etc.
Elections – Friday 14th
- Representatives from last years Student Council/Green Schools Committee will visit classrooms to explain their roles in these committees and to launch elections – Monday 3rd Sept (**Could the teacher leaders of each committee arrange this?)
- Children must decide if they would like to run for one committee out of 1). Student Council or 2). Green Schools or 3). Forest School & School Garden rep – not all three!
- Children who are interested in running for Class reps must create and display election posters (on class and L.T. noticeboards) and write short campaign speeches
- Children may wish to present their speeches during assembly on Election day – Friday 14th
- All speeches should be recorded and uploaded to class blogs – Scanned pics/photos of election posters may also be included
- Elections take place in classes on Friday 14th after assembly – this should be done as a secret ballot (writing names on paper – or placing a counter on photo for infants)
- Elected class representatives will be announced over the intercom before home-time
Peace Day – Friday 21st
- We will be having a celebration in the hall from 9.00-10.00
- Each class will do a short performance celebrating peace – There is a song or poem in L.T. class plans for Jnr Infants-3rd; I left it a little more open in 4th-6th. Obviously everyone is welcome to deviate from the plans if you would prefer to do something different, just ensure you don’t nick an idea from another class!
- You will be asked to upload the title of your performance and music files of background music here by the 14th Sept to ensure there are no overlaps in performances and music is formatted /ready etc.
- A run-through rehearsal performance will take place on Thursday 20th
- Parents will be invited to this peace celebration and we’ll be recording it for the website/social media
- As you know, rehearsals can sometimes be better than the final show (especially for younger classes) so it can be a good idea to record a rehearsal yourself for your class blog.
PJ Day – Friday 28th
- Children pay a euro to wear PJs to school
- Staff also wear pjs – don’t forget your dressing gown if you’re on yard duty(!)
- The newly elected Student Council will launch this event (by visiting classes and announcing) and promote (by making and displaying posters around the school) this event