Below is our current Mission Statement, which was developed during our first school year; 2011/2012. As we have grown in population significantly since then, the Board of Management feel it is time to reveiw our Mission Statement. We are currently inviting suggestions and feedback from parents/guardians, pupils, staff, Board of Management and community in relation to this Mission Statement.
Please email your feedback and suggestions to email@example.com.
Please see review guidelines below
PETNS mission statement will
- Guide the development of PETNS’s priorities and highlight areas for future action
- Reflect the characteristic spirit of PETNS and will address
i. Inclusivity and Equality. (refer to equal status act 2000)
ii. The holistic development of the child ( Intro to PSC p11)
iii. Positive school climate and atmosphere (SPHE Curr p11)
- Highlight the strengths of Powerstown Educate Together N.S.
- Influence practice as well as all policies and plans.
Ask yourself the following questions as a guide.
- Imagine the school in 3 years time
- Describe what kind of place it is
- What kind of atmosphere is there?
- How are people (pupils, staff, parents, BOM, others) treated?
- Describe quality of teaching and learning
- Describe your pupils as they leave the school. What skills, knowledge and concepts do you expect them to have?
- What makes you proud to be part of Powerstown ETNS?
1(b) Reviewing Mission Statement
- Read back over our current mission statement. Does it express clearly how you would like the school to be.
- Is there anything missing? anything that you think should be worded differently? etc
1(c) Sharing Powerstown ETNS’s updated mission statement
- Discuss mission statement with other stakeholders (parents, BOM, chairperson etc)
- Include suggestions as appropriate
- Type out finished version
- Display in a prominent position in the school