19th October 2018
The PTA and student council are delighted to host our annual cake sale in the hall this Friday. We are asking our school community to support this event for the provision of skipping workshops for the children in the school. Skipping is an excellent way to promote fitness, increased hand, feet and eye coordination and it’s lots of fun. We are looking for donations of cakes, buns, snacks and treats for the Cake Sale.We are looking for parent volunteers to support setting up the hall and stalls from 11am on Friday!
Role of our Student Council
Our Student Council promotes the development of the school and the welfare of our students. In planning and undertaking activities during the course of the school year, the Council:
- works closely with school management, teachers and parents
- consults regularly with students in the school
- involves as many students as possible in the activities of the Council.
There is a wide range of activities of benefit to our school community which the Student Council undertake:
1. Organise fundraisers: PJ Day, Cake Sale, Winter Fair, Movie Nights etc
2. Discuss with student body what we should fundraise for
3. Share the views and opinions of students to make our school a best it can be,
4. Communicate with school community through blogs, website and noticebaords
5. Share suggestions on how to make our school a better learning environment e.g. after school clubs, competitions we can enter, yard activities etc
6. Welcome and support new pupils that start in our school.
7. Share opinions on school policy
8. be actively involved in organisation of school events