Entrants create a Maths Eyes style poster using a photograph taken in their local area and an accompanying tagline highlighting the mathematics that they have seen in the photo using their maths eyes. Why not check out the short video to guide you to make the best entry possible.
Closing date for all entries in Friday 25th November 2016.
For more information see below or click here
Download Maths Eyes Templates
- You should use a camera that will produce a photograph in as high a resolution as possible (when saved the original photograph should be more than 2MB in size).
- Save a copy of the photograph in its original format before any editing takes place. (This is important as if your entry is shortlisted you will be asked to forward a copy of the original photograph).
- Then use your photograph to create your poster using the templates provided above or using photo editing software.
- When you are happy with your edited poster you will save this as per the guidelines in the links that follow. (The edited poster when saved should be less than 2MB in size.)
- You then submit your edited poster before the deadline given.
- Remember, if shortlisted you will be asked to also submit the original high resolution photograph later so make sure you keep it somewhere safe!!!
NB: It is very important that you adhere to the guidelines on saving photographs and edited posters or Geogebra files for both competitions before you enter. Posters can be submitted under one of the following categories:
- 7 years or under (on 31st August 2016)
- 11 years or under ( on 31st August 2016)
- 14 years or under (on 31st August 2016)
- 19 years or under ( on 31st August 2016)
- Adult Education ( Open to all those currently participating in an adult education course)
- Family/Community Group (collaboration between family members or collaboration between members of a community group)
- The competition is open to everyone.
- People can enter a maximum of 3 entries per individual. So choose your best posters.
- Closing date for all entries in Friday 25th November 2016.
- The shortlist entries will be announced on Friday 27th January 2017 at 5pm (The list of shortlisted entries will be available on Maths Week Ireland & HaveYouGotMathsEyes).
- Those shortlisted must email their high resolution file when requested (Poster Competition Only). This will enable the poster to be exhibited.
- All those that are shortlisted will be invited to a celebration where all entries will be exhibited and the winners in each category will be announced.
- A selection of shortlisted entries will be part of a Maths Eyes exhibition which will tour venues on the Island of Ireland during 2017.
Please note that by entering this competition you agree that your poster can remain on the website as a resource for others to use.